Thank you for your commitment to the Indiana University Department of Family Medicine. We sincerely appreciate you for taking the time to serve as a community faculty for the Department of Family Medicine's Third Year Clerkship. Click here to see all of the "perks" that are available to you as an Indiana University volunteer faculty appointment.
The American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) offers up to 20 hours of prescribed credit per year for precepting medical students and residents. The American Osteopathic Association (AOA) offers up to 60 Category 2 CME hours. The Department of Family Medicine will report these on your behalf.
In addition, 60 AAFP prescribed or 60 AOA Category 2 CME hours are received upon completion of the FMCases modules -- must be logged in using the IUPUI credentials.
Below are some other helpful links for our community faculty. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download the Community Faculty Precepting Manual
- Access your IU Email Account
- Download or stream software for both PC and MAC with IUware or IUanyware
- Learn how to use your new software with Lynda – the Online Training Library® (OTL) includes video-based e-learning courses on Adobe and Microsoft applications and technologies; web design; digital photography, video and audio; Mac applications; programming, and more.
- Visit the JagTag site to see what perks are currently offered in conjunction with your JagTag School of Medicine identification card.
- Don't have your IU Email Account? Email email@example.com for assistance in setting it up.